Sports Masseur/ Therapist & Medical Administrator
Salary: £18,000- Dependent on experience
Contract type: Full Time
Closing date: 1/12/15
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Exeter Chiefs Rugby Club to join our experienced sports medical team.
Exeter Chiefs are the Westcountry’s Premier Sporting Club, featuring in the Aviva Premiership and the highly prestigious European Champions Cup. Formed in 1871, Exeter Chiefs Rugby Club is steeped in long-standing tradition and prides itself on delivering professional workmanship, both on and off the field. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hard working sports masseur/ therapist to work alongside our senior training squad. The correct candidate will immediately be able to add their value and drive to this dynamic medical team.
The role will require you to split your time as directed between the clinical tasks of providing sports massage/ therapy to our senior and academy squad and an administrative role assisting in the recording keeping, documentation and general administrative tasks involved in running a premiership medical team.
As masseur/ therapist you will be responsible for delivering dynamic soft tissue modalities to our senior and academy squad. You will be required to support and implement the delivery of the medical teams plans, established by the Head of Sports Medicine and Lead Physiotherapist.
This will cover acute injury management, soft tissue screening, daily soft tissue techniques, and soft tissue interventions during rehabilitation, including medical administrative duties and specialised duties as required.
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage or equivalent.
- Members of The Sports Massage Association (SMA) or equivalent.
- Liability insurance.
- Experience working in professional/elite sport.
- Experience in rugby union.
- Experience with IASTM Tools.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist the medical team with administrative obligations such as injury audits, medical insurance documentation, minimum standards organisation, record keeping and other daily duties involved in the running a medical department.
- Liaise with the lead physiotherapist and medical team regarding daily assessment, treatment related to soft tissue complains.
- Daily soft tissue treatment of senior and academy squad.
- Assist with daily and weekly musculoskeletal screening of all players as required.
- Provide match-day soft tissue and match day cover if required for Senior and A league games.
- Record keeping on all aspects of injury management in accordance to the standards set by the Health Professions Council.
- To keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the departments CPD programme.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the applicants capabilities.
How to apply
- Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The closing date for applications is 1st December 2015.
- Interviews will take place on the 9th December 2015 Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email and take place at Exeter Chiefs Stadium, Sandy Park
A full-time, experienced mobile cleaner is required for a guaranteed minimum 30 hours per week.
You will need to be flexible, reliable, physically fit, highly motivated and conscientious.
A current clean driving licence is essential as, though the job is based in Exeter, you will be covering work on various sites throughout Devon.
Days will start at 6am at Sandy Park, home of the Exeter Chiefs, there will be some weekend working.
In addition to general cleaning, we are looking for someone who is keen to add to their skills as there are plenty of opportunities for you to acquire a CSCS card to train for Hi-Reach window cleaning, IPAF and PASMA.
Pay is £7 per hour
Telephone: 01392 276088
Early Morning Cleaner
We are looking to recruit a cleaner working from 6am to 8am Monday to Friday with more hours and some weekend work during and after a match. The ideal candidate must be flexible, reliable and a good team member.
Cleaning will include office, changing rooms, WCs and function rooms.
Pay: £6.75 per hour
Telephone: 01392 276088