Assistant Catering Manager
Reporting to – The Catering Manager.
General Responsibilities – To assist the Catering Manager in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of all catering aspects (including match days), from the planning to the actual function. To oversee the front of house catering at Sandy Park on a day to day basis, from the staffing to the efficient delivery of catering to the various clients. To ensure the catering team provide the highest standards of service at all times with the correct training, support and briefings from the function information provided.
The job holder must;
▪ Have at least 2 years’ experience in the hospitality/conference & banqueting industry.
▪ Have at least 1 year experience in a supervisory position with in the hospitality/conference & banqueting industry.
▪ Be professional and well presented.
▪ Be able to manage staff.
▪ Be able to communicate well with people at all levels.
▪ Be organised and able to prioritise duties.
▪ Be a team player.
▪ Be able to work unsupervised and use own initiative.
▪ Be confident, patient, friendly, reliable & self-motivated.
▪ Have exceptional attention to detail.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the job holder are to assist the Catering Manager with the following:
• Managing the front of house food provisions for functions and events
• Supervising catering and waiting staff at functions
• Training permanent and casual staff
• Organising, supervising and motivating the catering team
• Planning staff shifts and rota
• Ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed
• Monitoring the quality of the products and service provided
• Ensuring compliance with all fire, health and safety and employment regulations
• Communicating daily with operations and events team
• Maintaining a high standards of customer service & customer management at all times
• Following company security procedures, including loss prevention measures at all times
• Proactively assisting in controlling costs, e.g. electricity & staffing
• Be accountable for all Sandy Park equipment ensuring any loss or damage is reported immediately and rectified
• Undertake any training that is required for the post
• Carry out any reasonable instruction given by Senior Managers.
You will also be required to deputise for the Catering Manager in his absence. This job description may not contain all the duties and responsibilities that may arise in this role and you may need to undertake other duties as instructed.
To apply send your cv to email@example.com
Hours: 48Hrs over 5 days, will fluctuate with the needs of the business, will include all home games, some evenings and weekends
Closing date: Friday 24th April 2015.
Chef de Partie
We are looking for an experienced chef who is able to work as part of a team within this extremely busy kitchen environment.
Experience in catering for large conference & banqueting numbers is preferred but not essential.
Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes to a high standard.
Working as a team to deliver exceptional food quality.
Ensure that all health and food hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times.
Monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
Assist the head chef & sous chef in developing new dishes and menus.
Keep a calm demeanour and help motivate the team during busy periods.
If you are a passionate and experienced chef and are interested in joining a like-minded team, then it would be great to receive your CV.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 24th April, 2015.