By Jamie Hopkins
England finished the Under-18 International Series unbeaten after they secured a seven-try 45-24 victory over Scotland at the Centre for Sporting Excellence, Ystrad Mynach on Sunday.
England, who included Exeter Chiefs trio James Kenny, Richard Capstick and Marcus Street (pictured) in their match-day squad, fought back from 14-5 down in the first half with tries from Arron Reed, Joe Heyes and Andy Christie handing John Fletcher’s side a 19-14 lead at the break.
Scotland levelled the scores early in the second half however tries from replacements Sam Grahamslaw, Marcus Street, Cameron Redpath and Oli Morris gave England their third successive win.
Earlier in the series, England defeated Ireland U18 39-20 and they secured a 55-11 win over Canada U19 in their opening game.
Head Coach John Fletcher said: “I thought some of the rugby on show today was outstanding and we created a number of opportunities. It was an exciting game and I have to say fair play to Scotland as well who I thought played really well.
“The U18 International Series has gone well for us and it’s important we continue to expose these players to different environments and oppositions. There are lots of positives moving forward and we are really excited by this group of players coming through the pathway.”
15. Kieran Wilkinson (Sale Sharks, Kirkham Grammar School)
14. Arron Reed (Sale Sharks, Kirkham Grammar School)
13. Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints, Bedford School)
12. Tom Hardwick (Leicester Tigers, Rugby School)
11. Tom Seabrook (Gloucester Rugby, Dean Close)
10. Marcus Smith (Harlequins, Brighton College)
9. Ollie Fox (Yorkshire Carnegie, New College Pontefract)
1. James Kenny (Exeter Chiefs, Exeter College)
2. Nic Dolly (Sale Sharks)
3. Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers, Wyggeston & QEI College)
4. James Dun (Bristol Rugby, Millfield School)
5. James Scott (Worcester Warriors, Malvern College)
6. Richard Capstick (Exeter Chiefs, Exeter College)
7. Aaron Hinkley (Gloucester Rugby, St Peters)
8. Andy Christie (Saracens, Harrow School)
16. Will Capon (Bristol Rugby, Bristol Grammar School)
17. George Head (Harlequins, Tonbridge School)
18. Sam Grahamslaw (Leicester Tigers, Wyggeston & QEI College)
19. Marcus Street (Exeter Chiefs, Exeter College)
20. Josh Basham (London Irish, Wellington College)
21. Cameron Kelemeti (Newcastle Falcons, Durham School)
22. Oli Morris (Saracens, New Hall School)
23. Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks, Sedbergh School)
24. Cadan Murley (Harlequins, Bishop Wordsworth’s Grammar School)
Tries: Reed, Heyes, Christie, Grahamslaw, Street, Redpath, Morris; Conversions: Smith (5)